Woodville Baptist Church
Statement of Faith
- God – who is eternally Father, Son and Holy Spirit – created everything that exists from nothing. Every human being is accountable to Him.
- God has spoken through the Bible, which is the trustworthy and authoritative record of His message to mankind.
- All people fall short of God’s moral perfection, and violate His standards and values. Our sin alienates us from God and places us under His judgment.
- In Jesus, God became man. Jesus’ death and resurrection offer the one and only basis for the forgiveness of sins, reconciliation with God and the gift of eternal life.
- All of these gifts of grace are received on the basis of personal trust in Christ and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord.
- Christian baptism by immersion celebrates God’s grace to us in Jesus; it expresses decisive personal faith in the life of the person baptised; and it affirms our belonging, both to the church of Jesus Christ in the world and within the life of a particular church fellowship.
- God sends His Holy Spirit into the life of each Christian believer to illuminate our understanding of His word and ways, to empower us to develop Christ-like character and to equip us to serve Him in the church and world.
- Through the Holy Spirit, and on the basis of all that Christ has done for us, each Christian has a direct personal relationship with the Father, and a part to play both in the ministry of the church and in sharing our faith with those who are not yet Christians.
- Jesus Christ will one day return to earth in glory, to judge the world, to renew creation and to complete the work He has begun in us.